Attenuated activity of stress-regulating systems has consistently been reported in boys with conduct problems. Results in studies of girls are inconsistent, which may result from the high prevalence of comorbid post-trauma symptoms. Therefore, the aim of the present study is to investigate post-trauma symptoms as a potential mediator in the relation between stress-regulation systems functioning and conduct problems in female adolescents.
Do post-trauma symptoms mediate the relation between neurobiological stress parameters and conduct problems in girls?
Kimberly A. Babel, Tijs Jambroes, Sanne Oostermeijer, Peter M. van de Ven, Arne Popma, Robert R. J. M. Vermeiren, Theo A. H. Doreleijers, Lucres M. C. Jansen
Autonomic nervous system, Conduct problems, Girls, Hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal-axis, Post-trauma
- Item Type: journalArticle
- Publication Title: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health
- Volume: 10
- Pages: 42
- Series Title:
- Series Text:
- Journal Abbreviation: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health
- DOI: /10.1186/s13034-016-0129-0
- ISSN: 1753-2000
- Short Title:
- Library Catalog: BioMed Central