Our ambulatory monitoring solutions were perfected based on over two decades of in-house experience with measuring ambulatory physiology. A lot of this work has been done by PhD students. Their efforts have aided the development of the VU-AMS device and VU-DAMS program, whole adding cutting edge research to the field ambulatory stress monitoring. The VU-AMS device has played a prominent role in the research of 15 theses under the supervision of prof. dr. Eco de Geus during the past 22 years, with four projects currently running.
- N. A. Huizinga: REAL-HEARING: Real life measurement of the influence of hearing loss and listening effort on stress systems in adults. Ongoing, projected 2024, promotors Kramer, de Geus, copromotor Zekveld.
- L. Keur-Huizinga: REAL-HEARING: Real life measurement of the influence of hearing loss and listening effort on stress systems in adults. Ongoing, projected 2024, promotors Kramer, de Geus, copromotor Zekveld.
- S. van de Ven: Improving algorithms to aid ambulatory stress measurement. Ongoing, projected 2026, promotor de Geus, copromotor Gevonden.
- D. J. van der Mee: Psychophysiology in the digital age: are we ready to leave the laboratory? Defense September 2023, promotor de Geus, co-promotors Westerink & Gevonden
- M.D. Doornweerd: Genetic and anthropomorphic effects on fMRI responses to food cues. Defense June 26, 2018, promotores de Geus & Drent, copromotor IJzerman
- I. Nederend: Evaluation of ambulatory impedance cardiography in pediatric cardiology. Defence November 2017, promotores de Geus & Blom, co-promotor ten Harkel
- N. Schutte: Determinants of adolescent exercise behaviour: the psychological response to exercise. Defence September 2017, promotores de Geus & Bartels.
- B. Busscher: Subjective and physiological reactivity to flight in people with fear of flying. Defence September 2017, promotors Spinhoven & de Geus
- M. Neijts: Individual differences in ambulatory autonomic nervous system activity. Defense October 2015, promotor de Geus, co-promotor Willemsen
- R. Van Lien: Improving the methodology of ambulatory physiological recording to assess psychological constructs. Defense February 2014, promotor de Geus
- A. Simonis-Bik: Genetic influences on beta-cell functioning A Dutch twin-family study. Defence November 2010, promotores Kramer, de Geus, copromotor Eekhoff
- C. Licht: Autonomic nervous system functioning in major depressive disorder. Defense October 2010, promotores Penninx & de Geus
- A. Goedhart: Validity of ambulatory impedance cardiography. Defense June 2008, promotor de Geus, co-promotor Willemsen
- N. Kupper: Heritability of cardiovascular risk factors in a real life setting. Defense november 2005, promotores de Geus & Boomsma, co-promotor Willemsen
- M. van den Berg: Mediating factors in the association between anxious depression and cardiovascular disease risk. Defense December 2002, promotores Boomsma & de Geus, co-promotor Willemsen
- T. Vrijkotte: Works stress and cardiovascular disease risk. Defense October 2001, promoter Orlebeke, co-promotores de Geus & van Doornen
- J.A. Bosch: Stress and salivary defense systems. Defense December 2001, promoter van Nieuw-Amerongen, co-promotores de Geus & Veerman
- H. Riese: Job strain and risk for cardiovascular disease in female nurses. Defense December 2000, promoter Orlebeke, co-promotores de Geus & van Doornen